Let’s look more closely at how e-learning, and EGL in particular, tackle the L&D challenges that FMCG companies face.
- Highly scalable: Unlike conventional, face-to-face training, e-learning content is published on an online platform where it immediately reaches a much larger audience. EGL expands the capacities of L&D departments even further by supplying them with a much larger number of content authors (the SMEs). As a result, content can be generated on a larger scale and quickly published.
- Flexible and agile: E-learning content can be continually updated to keep up with the pace of business developments. As long as the right software is used, modifying or updating courses is a fast and painless process. EGL makes this process even more agile because it relies on real-life business insights from experienced employees themselves. Nobody knows the business better than these employees, and EGL taps into their knowledge to produce high-quality training content for everyone to benefit from.
- Achieves more with less: E-learning is often much more cost-effective and far less time-consuming than traditional training. EGL also shifts the burden of content creation to employees themselves, which reduces the strain on L&D teams. That frees up L&D to focus on specialized areas where their professional training expertise is required (such as general onboarding training, compliance, and code of conduct training). L&D also plays a strategic, guiding role in directing SMEs to create effective training content.
- Learning without borders: Modern e-learning software includes built-in translation and localization options. Plus, in an EGL strategy, content can be created locally. That gives it the authenticity and relevance required for it to resonate with trainees, wherever they are in the world.
Real-life e-learning success stories
Now let’s look at some key takeaways that Easygenerator has gained from helping to launch e-learning strategies at major international companies. We also list some of the incredible outcomes that e-learning has achieved for these companies.
Case #1: T-Mobile
The telecommunications giant embraced Easygenerator’s Employee-Generated Learning strategy to improve scalability and overcome limited L&D resources.
Key takeaway: Introduce EGL with a small pilot program, then build on successes to gradually win trust within the organization and scale up.
- The number of training resources has increased by 500% using only 25% of L&D resources.
- After just 12 months, 100% of training requests are being fulfilled.
- Content creation is now 12 times faster.
Learn more about T-Mobile’s case study here.
Case #2: Electrolux
This iconic household appliances brand turned to a blended learning strategy to meet the heavy demand for localized training content for its retail partners’ in-store staff throughout the EMEA region.
Key takeaway: Many subjects (including product, sales, and support training) are ideally suited for e-learning. Conventional, in-person training can then be used more selectively to create an effective blended learning solution.
- In just 12 months, the L&D team at Electrolux scaled to over 1,000 new learning resources.
- L&D costs have decreased, even as demand and content output have increased.
- The team now offers custom-made, localized training programs to its retail partners.
Learn more about how Electrolux uses Easygenerator here.
Case #3: Nielsen
The global data measurement company embraced EGL with Easygenerator to meet increasing ad hoc demands for training content from its various regional teams.
Key takeaways: EGL reduces the strain on the central L&D team. It enables employees to self-serve their ad hoc training needs, while the L&D team handles high-priority training projects.
- Training content for 40,000 employees worldwide is now authored by a core team of 100 internal SMEs and another 400 external contributors.
- 85% of users found that Easygenerator was easy to use.
Read the full Nielsen customer case here.
Easy does it
As these case studies show, e-learning and EGL are highly beneficial to multinational companies like those found in the FMCG industry. The key to reaping these benefits is to provide an extremely easy-to-use content authoring tool like Easygenerator. This ensures a smooth launch and rapid scalability. As a result, companies can enjoy better training outcomes, often at a fraction of the cost.